United Bicycle Institute respects the privacy of all users who visit this site. No effort is made to identify individuals without their prior knowledge and approval. The following policies are in effect for all of the web pages owned and operated by United Bicycle Institute:
- PERSONAL INFORMATION: On all of our input forms, such as our catalog request or order forms, we ask users to provide their e-mail address and/or mailing address for the intended purpose of the form. This site maintains a strict "no-spam" policy. Your e-mail address or street address will not be sold to a third party and is only used for the stated purpose of the form. Whenever the identity of a visitor is requested, we clearly indicate the purpose of the request. You may easily be removed from the list at any time by calling us at 541-488-1121 during our business hours.
- LOG FILES: When a visitor views any of our pages, like all web servers, our system logs the visitor's domain name and/or IP address. We collect the domain names and/or IP addresses in order to compile information on what pages visitors successfully access, and what pages they may have experienced any technical difficulties with. This allows us to make improvements and upgrades to the site as needed. This information is collected solely for statistical purposes and is completely anonymous. The information is never used to identify any individuals.
- BROWSER COOKIES: Our on-line store uses "cookies" to store specific information about a customers account (if cookies are enabled in the customer's browser). This cookie is a small file containing encrypted data pertinent to the customer's account, such as their name and account number. The cookie is stored on the customer's computer and cannot be viewed by other sites. The information contained in it is only used for storing account information for future visits.
- CUSTOMER RECORDS: When customers make a purchase from our on-line store, they will be asked if they would like us to save their mailing and billing information so they will not have to reenter it again the next time they order. If this option is chosen, the information is saved in our customer database and/or in a cookie, and is only viewable in the future by the customer during their next order and checkout process. Customer records are never sold to a third party.
- SECURE TRANSACTIONS: This site uses a secure SSL server so information submitted by you in secure mode is encrypted for your privacy. This means no other party may view personal information while in transit to us over the Internet. Credit card transactions are completely safe using this technology.
United Bicycle Institute reserves the right to change its on-line policy at any time. Future changes will be duly noted on this page. If you have any other questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us at any time.